Thursday, December 31, 2009

Writing

So, I started writing a new book - which is totally awesome. I haven't really written anything since I left Goodlife, which is...like...three years ago, I think. Granted, I did write a book immediately after leaving Goodlife, I feel like I haven't written in forever. The book I wrote before, Somewhere Somehow, is still in the editing process. But you can only read your own writing so much before you hate it. So, I'm taking a break from that. Also, it's sort of stuck on my laptop at the moment, so I can't do anything with it, really. As soon as I finish editing it, though, I'm going to get a Leslie (from PW) to read it and then I'm going to send it away. I don't know to who yet, but someone, probably in the States. Maybe even the UK. I don't want to even try publishing in Canada because I'll just get rejected. It's a real shame Canadians don't publish Fiction, it really is.
Anyways, so this new story is totally awesome and I'm having so much fun writing it. There's so much conflict and hesitation. It's just awesome. I have noticed, however, that the main character is very close to the same as the one in the previous book I wrote and they've both been cheated on - lol. Maybe all my characters will be like that. Jude Devereaux is like that. They're not always the same characters but they always have the same plot. Which is kind of boring, because after reading thirteen of her books, I know exactly how the story will go. But her characters are so real, I still enjoy reading her books.
Anyways, there's a snippet of the book in my other blog. Just one scene. It was the best one when I posted it, but there have been a few more since then.
Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment